Have you ever experienced a dark energy or feeling surrounding you? What will this invisible but powerful experience be like?
There are a few names used interchangeably for fallen angels; demons, devils, foul spirits, unclean spirits, dark spirits and etc. When they attack you, they invade like a paralyzing fear that holds you down in the bed, or a dark grungy animosity with revenge that will threaten your lifestyle, or a deep sinking Black Hole feeling of helplessness that strikes sheer fear through your body.
Demons are rising on the awareness scale for Americans. With the movies like The Exorcist (the early 1970s) Prince of Darkness (1987) Fallen (1998) Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005), and television shows like Supernatural (demon hunters), Paranormal (any spiritual energy that moves and incites fear), Ghost Hunters (finding haunted houses and buildings), The Ghost Whisperer (helping spiritual beings pass over), the misinformation and misrepresentation of the spiritual realm is at an all time high. When fear is rampant the demons are plentiful. Fear is a major door opener for demon oppression and torment. If you are experiencing fear demons will be close. But can you kill demons? Are there Demon Hunters who kill demons?
While there are people who have the authority to exorcise the demons out of people, and cleanse houses, buildings and lands, there is not record in scripture of anyone killing a demon. This process is not truthfully recorded in Hollywood movies and is not recorded accurately in church history, except where Jesus revealed truth concerning demons in the Gospels.
When humans record their personal experience, there is misinformation. When a man in fear records the facts of demonic possession and oppression it will be suspect and inaccurate because it will document the experience from a human perspective. The human perspective will always be flawed. I have had some friends who drew a pentagram on the floor and bring up demons to pump them for information. But Jesus said the devil was the father of lies and that no truth was in him. This means he cannot tell the truth. Therefore, if you ask a demon a question what will he tell you? That’s right…a lie…every time!! Whenever a demon talks to you it will be a lie. I believe that Jesus is our best source for this revelation.
When the Son of God was on the earth he gave some insight and authority that stripped the demon that are important here. In Matthew 12, the people brought a man to Jesus who possessed with a devil, and the man was blind and deaf. When Jesus healed the man he could both see and hear. The demon was a blind and deaf spirit. But the religious crowd accused him of casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub the prince of demons. It was at this time that Jesus taught about the nature and authority of demons. I will number a few of the lessons He taught.
- A demon will not cast out a demon – Matthew 12:25-26 Jesus that is Satan casts out Satan his kingdom will not stand, and you know that he wants his kingdom to be strong and prosper.
- People who cast out demons will not do it by the power of demons Matthew 12:27 Jesus said that their children will judge their lack of faith.
- You cast out demons by the Spirit of God – Matthew 12:28 Jesus said that when he cast out demons by the Spirit of God the kingdom of God has come upon them. The kingdom is the rule and reign of God.
- Demons attack when you let your guard down and are in bondage – Matthew 12:29 Jesus said that the only way for a demon to enter a house is if the strong man – the authority in the home is bound by distractions and vulnerable. Then he will spoil the house.
- When demons are cast out they go into dry places and will try to come back – Luke 11:24-26 Jesus said that when a spirit is cast out it wanders in the dry places, and if it does not find a place it will come back and try to repossess it home. If the delivered person does not replace the demon with the spirit of God, they can be in a worse condition that they were in the beginning.
No where in the scripture is there a story of a demon’s destruction by a demon hunter. Jesus didn’t go out looking for demon spirits, but when they manifested he dealt with them. The stories of killing demons makes great movies and television but are not accurate.
Jesus did say that God created the everlasting fire for the devil and his angels. “Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels…” (Matthew 25:41) The demons are fallen angels and will eventually end up in eternal fire, and anyone who enters into their beliefs and lifestyles will be cast into this everlasting fore with them. invade like a paralyzing fear that holds you down in the bed, or a dark grungy animosity with revenge that will threaten your lifestyle, or a deep sinking Black Hole feeling of helplessness that strikes sheer fear surging through your body.